In an article on Gastric sleeve, UCLA Health defined gastric sleeve surgery, also known as vertical sleeve gastrectomy, as a bariatric procedure whereby 75-80% of the stomach is removed. The reduction of stomach volume causes people to feel lighter, it is a method of tackling obesity. Gastric sleeve is claimed to be the commonest bariatric procedure performed in the US and even worldwide.
According to an article sourced online, about 230,000 people had gastric sleeve surgery in the United States in 2017, and the number keeps increasing yearly. It is important to note that the success rate of a gastric sleeve is approximately 80-90%.
Do you desperately want to reduce your stomach volume and all attempts at reducing it through exercising, eating a regular balanced diet and using weight loss medications have failed? Is your Body Mass Index higher than 30? Are you suffering from one or more obesity- related conditions? Then you are in need of gastric sleeve surgery. Gastric sleeve surgery abroad provides you with the best medical services that will make your surgery a success.
Why should I go for a gastric sleeve surgery?
- With a simple surgery as a gastric sleeve, you can achieve a stable weight loss.
- It is safe and devoid of life-threatening complications.
- It is effective.
- With a gastric sleeve, patients lose approximately 60-80% of excess fat.
- It makes one feel more confident and comfortable with their body.
- It increases one’s life expectancy.
- It improves or eliminates one’s obesity-related condition such as diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, infertility, joint pain, hyperlipidemia, etc
- It’s harder to have bad complications from COVID-19.
- It accounts for vitality. Patients here after a gastric sleeve become more energized to engage in activities.
- The surgery does not last for two long. It takes less than an hour to complete.
- After a successful surgery, there will be a noticeable decrease in hunger sensation. Your desire to eat decreases.
- It does not take too long for one to recover from a gastric sleeve surgery and patients leave the hospital just two days after the surgery
How do I get the best result from gastric sleeve?
- You can get maximum results from your gastric sleeve when you make a commitment to do all what it takes to make sure you don’t relapse to your former state.
- The first two weeks of your surgery, you are meant to feed only on liquids.
- To get the best result from a gastric sleeve, do not eat food in large quantities. Take them in small portions.
- Avoid junk like a plague. You’re to feed on only healthy meals.
- Regularly take multivitamins and vitamin B complex after the surgery.
- Give your body enough time to heal. Do not engage in strenuous activities weeks after your surgery. Don’t lift heavy objects, it can be detrimental to your recovery phase.
- Go for a routine vitamin and nutrients check-up.
It is recommended you get your gastric sleeve done in a reputable, reliable and well equipped clinic. Gastric sleeve abroad is here for all your gastric sleeve needs, contact us today!