There are long and short two-piece dresses for every occasion, budget, and season. There are luxurious two-piece evening gowns from famous designers, chic and unique two-piece beaded long halter two-piece dresses, sequin dresses, dresses with sleeves, and many other styles at physical venues and online.
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look
Most girls look for a two-piece dress with a more youthful design. Popular choices include two-piece lace bodices or crop top dresses.
A plunging V-neck is suitable for well-endowed girls, and very racy when paired with a sheer open back.
Two-piece dresses draw attention to well-toned abs. Look for a style that is flattering to your unique body type, whether short or floor length.
Your budget is a major consideration. Most designers offer versatile products that are priced to fit different budget.
If you’re not sure, it’s best to keep things safe and not be overly sexy. If your two-piece dress is short, choose a more modest neckline such as high or sweetheart and a closed back. If it’s long, but with a very high slit, the same applies. A long dress with a knee-high slit is conducive to more daring necklines.
Popular Two Piece Prom Dress Styles
This section will list the most popular styles in 2019 and 2020. Check out the trends – you’re sure to find something to your taste. Most of these are available in plus sizes too.
White Ruffled Two-Piece Gown
The stuff fairytales are made of – just add a tiara to channel your inner princess.
- FEATURES: Elegant A Line long pleated Slit chiffon formal dress, ruched bodice V-Neck Long bridesmaid dress, a line silhouetee, corset closure with nature waist, invisible bra inside, fully lined, boned. Elegant, lovely and unique design will make you more attractive and charming -- Ideal gift for your family, lover, friend and yourself
- Feel effortlessly romantic in this lace trim ruffled drape gown by BCBG Max Azria
- Be in the moment with this ruffled V-Neck gown by BCBG Max Azria
Two-Piece Floral Prom Dress
Floral prints never fail to make a statement, and prom won’t be an exception.
- flower summer Wedding Party Evening Pagenat Celebrity Dress A-line Prom Cocktail Formal Gowns boat neckin floor
- Imported,We are committed to high-end market,offer you high quality dress.Please recheck your bust,waist,hip,full height.
- And select the right size from our size chart in the left image below the dress picture.Do not refer to Amazon's.
- Two shipping methods are available for your choice:the expedited shipping will take about 1-3 business days for delivery.Epacket will need about 1-2 Weeks to deliver.
- plus size 2-26W and custom size are available, please email us your detailed measurements when you need to custom.
- Pretty roses bloom on the long, glossy satin skirt and a plunging V-neck, side pockets completes this timeless two-piece prom ball gown
- 2 piece, sleeveless, V-neck, floral print, floor length, bra cups suit as your prom dress, ball gown, evening dress and other special occasion
- Looking for the perfect fit? Please compare your unique measurements with our own size chart to choose fitted size, especially bust and waist
- Custom: if you need this service, please contact us your exact measurements about BUST-WAIST-HIPS,HEIGHT, COLLARBONES TO FLOOR, SHOES HEEL HEIGHT
- Making usually takes 6-10 business days, plus expeited shipping 2-3 business days, standard shipping 6-8 business days. If you need it urgently, please place order with EXPEITED SHIPPING and tell your WEAR DATE, we are glad to provide rush service
- Material: Stain With Sexy Deep V Neck Beautiful Floral Printed Floor Length A Line Elegant Long Evening Dresses
- Imported, Built-in bra, Zipper Back Design; Suitable for Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, elegant & fashion style dress
- Please Comparing "Size Chart" measurements before place, not according to you habits. Make sure select fitted size.And Custom made size and color are all available for free.
- CONTACT US:If you want to email us after placing your order, choose your order, click get help for this order, then you can contact seller directly.
- Start with this beautiful and elegant long dress which can be used as prom dress, sweet 15/16 dress, homecoming dress, bridesmaid dress, wedding party dress, evening dress, birthday party dress, wedding guest dress, cocktail dresses,or formal party dress, and you will assemble an exceptional ensemble every time and make a lasting impression!
- Plunging neckline hits at the breastbone
- Hidden back zipper
- Lining shorter than top layer to show off the illusion stripe at the hem
- Textured 3D florette
- Size: Please choose size according to Size Chart Picture(Last Picture), If there is no standard size fit for you, Please select Customization and we will contact you
- Delivery time: expedited shipping takes 3-5 days to transport, the standard takes 10-15 days
- Material: satin, soft satin lining
- Features: floor length, floral print, zipper closure, built-in paded bra
- We accept return with all reasons within 30 days from your dress was delivered and our return warehouse is located in Portland
Red Crop Top Prom Dress
Choose bold makeup and statement jewelry to complement this fiery work of art.
- Material: 95%Polyester+5%Spandex
- Material: 95%polyster+5%spandex.this item is made of Good quality material with soft touch feeling and exquisite handicraft,please cold hand wash only
- ✔Back zipper closure and built-in bra. Easy to wear and bodycon fit.
- High quality chiffon,very comfotable to wear.
Rose Gold Sequin Two-Piece Dress
With a feather trim and copper stripes, this unique two piece really, really works.
- Sexy Sequin Club Dresses for Women
- Tulle Skirt and sequin long bridesmaid dress prom dress
- Material: Spandex and Polyester. Glitter Fabric Shiny Surface.
- WASH TIP: Dry Clean or Handwash. Please Flat Dry and Iron on low heat.Avoid long time exposure to sunlight.
Lavender Mermaid Two-Piece Prom Dress
The fancy mermaid skirt flows gently down to the floor. It is the quintessence of style.
- Fabric:Spandex. Custom made: Accepted.No matter color,size or style.Just contact with us.
- Features Deep V-Neck, front wrap, ruched on the waist, bodycon mermaid dress
- The fabric is tulle with applique,beaded,sleeveless,built in bra,zipper back with buttons
Two-Piece Floral and Lace Gown
In lieu of a corsage, this is a great choice. The dainty lace adds the final touch.
- Material: women's v neck short sleeve dress is made of lace fabrication, is soft and comfy to wear
- We believe in more than a look, we deliver a feeling.
- ☀Material:lace,cotton.Soft and lightweight.★Note:No stretch;blue and white has different size.Please attention the size before buying.
Iridescent Sequin Crop Top Dress
The after-party was made for you in this glitzy two-piece mini dress.
Embroidered Feather Set
This two piece is a dream with intricate, ornate embroidery, feathers, and a sexy off-the-shoulder neckline.
- Details: Illusion Insert, Open Back, Zipper Closure, Bra Cups
- Fabric: Polyester fiber (dacron) , adorned with floral embroidery
- Size: ATTENTION! This dress based on your your Bust and Waist. Please choose the right sizes in the pictures. If there is no suitable size, contact us.
Puff Sleeve Two-Piece Mini Dress
Retro is hot this year and next, so grab a puff sleeve crop top and matching bubble skirt. For a more modern feel and look, pair it with a simple pair of strappy heels.
- Feature: ruched,adjustable tops and skirt,high waist,bodycon,mini sexy 2 piece outfit
- Very soft and comfortable and suitable design.
- Stretchy and lightweight fabric,very comfortable to wear
Beaded Crimson Crop Top Gown
This gorgeous gown by Sherri Hill comes in a sexy crimson hue and sizzling crop top design.
- Material:Rayon,Neckline:V-Neck,Waistline:empire,size:XS S M L XL
Floral Embroidered Two-Piece Dress
The vibrant floral appliqué gives this classic black two-piece a splash of color. The floral embroidery is in fuchsia, which is set to be one of the hottest colors next spring alongside millennial purple.
- Trendy romper and maxi dress style in one
- Soft material, comfy to wear, breathable and skin friendly summer slit dress;Womens Boho Floral Print Crop Top and High Waist Side Slit 2 Pcs Skirt Set Casual Maxi Long Dress
- Pants part has no stretch, top part has elasticity
Hot Pink Satin Crop Top and Skirt
The pink satin dress is based on Kylie Jenner’s 21st birthday outfit.
- 95% Polyester, 5% Spandex.Fabric has some stretch.
- Very soft and comfortable and suitable design.
- Material:95%Polyester & 5%Spandex The material stretchy, soft feels so good on your skin.
Burgundy Lace Prom Set
In stark contrast to the above choice, this classic, tasteful, and understated piece by Faviana Curves features flirty lace in an elegant shade of marsala.
Silver One-Shoulder Crop Top and Skirt
One-shoulder necklines are sizzling hot and elongate the silhouette.
Two Piece Pantsuit
Be absolutely unique in a two-piece pantsuit if you’re not into dresses. The piece is elegant and sleek in magenta and other colors.
- Fabric:Summer 2 piece outfits set for women are made of polyester,soft and comfortable to wear.
- Grid plaid set with a shawl collar blazer, a elastic waist pant with two pockets.
- Designed by RM Richards
Short and Long Two Piece Formal Evening Gowns
Two piece gowns in complementary colors or patterns create a fabulous and super chic look. Two piece dresses and gowns are getting more and more popular because of how comfortable they are and because they represent a break with tradition.
They are a great way to throw your personal flair and stand out at prom. Black and white patterns and hues of red are going to be huge in 2020.
A-line styles and bodycon cuts never go out of style. You can opt for a club dress in silver or gold or a short sheath party dress in solid colors like emerald green or dark blue.
Two pieces in off white and ivory are uniquely beautiful and astonishing. Opt for mini, midi, or maxi – the choice is yours. This is the perfect wear for prom-goers who want to look different.
Best Halter Top Two Piece Prom Dress
Ah, the halter. Racy, creative, and unique – what more could you want? This eye-catching attire will give you a chance to channel your inner diva when you arrive in a two-piece halter top prom dress.
Two-piece halter top dresses are a perfect way for you to explore an endless amount of style combinations. Normally, fitted bodices are paired with gorgeous silhouettes to flatter any figure, making it easy to choose your preferred silhouette.
Two-piece gowns can feature many different details such as rhinestone embellishments or unique hemming along the bodice.
Adding to the allure of the halter design are statement-making details such as eccentric print patterns and dazzling beadwork, sequins, or crystals.
Designs within the two-piece style can either showcase a bold contrasting pattern or run elegantly throughout.
The versatility of two-piece prom dresses makes it easy for you to create a unique look in many ways. Another advantage is being able to wear the dress as two separate outfit pieces – the top and the skirt or pants (if you opt for a pantsuit over a dress) – long after the prom is over.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our last section contains frequently asked questions about two-piece dresses and the prom in general.
When should you start shopping for prom?
If your prom is in the summer, you’ll want to start making plans and thinking about dresses up to 6 months in advance. Do online research before shopping at physical venues.
What are good prom dress websites?
According to user ratings, some good online stores include The Dress Warehouse, New York Dress, Charlotte Russe, Dillard’s, Faviana, Fame and Partners, and Sherri Hill.
What color should my prom dress be?
If your complexion is olive, avoid brown, yellow, and black because they’ll blend in with the skin and the look will not be appealing.
Instead, opt for a dress in off white, champagne, ivory, red, and gold. Women with pale skin will find bold colors like light blue, pink, yellow, purple, and metallic colors flattering.
White looks good on dark skin. The color should be chosen based not only on skin tone, but also eye and hair color. Red hair and a red dress are a classic combo.
What are the best prom dress brands?
There are a lot of great prom dress designers. For two piece dresses specifically, we recommend Sherri Hill, Faviana, Jovani, Terani, Blush, Zoey Grey, Madison James, Andrea and Leo, Crystalline, and Cameron Blake.
Should I pick a Two-piece Dress?
Consider your body type. Is it pear-shaped, apple-shaped, petite, athletic, hourglass, or curvy?
Two-piece dresses look best on petite, athletic, and hourglass-shaped girls. Pear-shaped body types are those, where most of the weight is at the hips.
A two-piece is recommended to these girls too because the cute midriff cut will draw attention away from the hips.
However, apple-shaped body types shouldn’t choose this style because it draws attention to the abdomen, where most of the weight is concentrated. Of course, if you like the style, this shouldn’t stop you.
How do I pick the Right Prom dress?
Start by setting a budget and sticking to it. Then, consider your body type as per the explanation above. When you start shopping, check out online marketplaces first.
Shop early because the dress will probably need adjusting.
What is a Reasonable Price for Prom?
According to a 2015 survey from Visa, American families were spending an average of about $919 on their prom-goers(source). That was down only slightly from $978 in 2014; it peaked in 2013 with the average cost of prom being $1,139.
How much do Two-piece dresses cost?
On average, a designer two piece prom dress will set you back by $300 to $500.
Is prom Worth The Money?
Prom can be an expensive event for the average family. Dresses range from $100 to up to $400. Then, there is the money you spend on getting your makeup, hair, and nails done.
Is it weird to wear a short two-piece dress to prom?
It’s not weird, but check the school’s dress code. Make sure you feel comfortable in it because it’s quite revealing – your midriff, your legs, and probably your back will show.
It will attract attention so you need to be OK with that.
Can you wear a white two-piece prom dress?
Of course, you can wear any color you want. White isn’t reserved for brides and bridesmaids. Consider what you will wear under and over the dress.
Combine your unique skin tone with the right shade of white to look your best. You May want to choose a modest prom dress.