There are long and short two-piece dresses for every occasion, budget, and season. There are luxurious two-piece evening gowns from famous designers, chic and unique two-piece beaded long halter two-piece dresses, sequin dresses, dresses with sleeves, and many other styles at physical venues and online.
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look
Most girls look for a two-piece dress with a more youthful design. Popular choices include two-piece lace bodices or crop top dresses.
A plunging V-neck is suitable for well-endowed girls, and very racy when paired with a sheer open back.
Two-piece dresses draw attention to well-toned abs. Look for a style that is flattering to your unique body type, whether short or floor length.
Your budget is a major consideration. Most designers offer versatile products that are priced to fit different budget.
If you’re not sure, it’s best to keep things safe and not be overly sexy. If your two-piece dress is short, choose a more modest neckline such as high or sweetheart and a closed back. If it’s long, but with a very high slit, the same applies. A long dress with a knee-high slit is conducive to more daring necklines.
Popular Two Piece Prom Dress Styles
This section will list the most popular styles in 2019 and 2020. Check out the trends – you’re sure to find something to your taste. Most of these are available in plus sizes too.
White Ruffled Two-Piece Gown
The stuff fairytales are made of – just add a tiara to channel your inner princess.
- Radiate elegance in this ruffled hi-low evening gown by Laundry by Shelli Segal
- Burgundy Ruffled Gown
- This wedding dress is LACE-UP BACK, if you need ZIPPER BACK, please email us.
- Steal the show in this satin ruffled halter gown by Adrianna Papell
- We used an additional petticoat for the picture that is not included with the dress.
Two-Piece Floral Prom Dress
Floral prints never fail to make a statement, and prom won’t be an exception.
- Sheer chiffon fabric in outside layer and fully lined in polyester
- Sexy plunging "V" shaped neckline in both front and back, with a Lace camisole inside
- Under bust area is ruched to place emphasis on curves
- Perfect for wedding parties, evening parties, military balls, prom parties, black tie events and many other occasions
- Ever-Pretty gives you stylish and affordable dresses with unique design. You deserve this beautiful bridesmaid dress for almost all casual or semi-formal occasions
- Size: ATTENTION! This dress based on your your Bust and Waist. Please choose the right sizes in the pictures. If there is no suitable size, contact us.
- Feature: Tulle, Vintage, Embroidery, A Line, Floor-Length, Scoop neck, 3/4 Sleeve, Zipper Up, Built in bra.
- Occasion: Party, Evening, Homecoming, Prom, Festival, Formal Occasion.
- Time: Production Time: 5 days. Expedited shipping: 2-3 Working days. Standard shipping: 7-10 Working days.
- Custom Services: We can customize any SIZE for free. Requirements are detailed in the product description. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.
- MAXI DRESS
- CUT AWAY BODICE
- LUREX STRIPE EXPLODED FLORAL SKIRT
- Special size type: Standard
- Fully line, padded enough for "no bra" option, low stretch
- Features: round neck, half sleeve, see-through floral lace bodice, empire waist, floor length evening dress
- Perfect as bridesmaid dresses, evening dresses, formal dresses, mother of the bride dresses, prom dresses, dance dresses, cocktail party dresses.etc
- Women's plus size evening dress can easy create stunning curves, makes you more fashion
- Ever-Pretty gives you stylish and affordable dresses with unique design. You deserve this beautiful evening dress for almost all casual or semi-formal occasions, remember not only wear it for once!
Red Crop Top Prom Dress
Choose bold makeup and statement jewelry to complement this fiery work of art.
- HIGH QUALITY FABRIC: 95% Polyester+5% Cotton, soft, comfortable, breathable, skin-friendly, comfy to touch and wear, makes you feeling well.
- Material: Chiffon. Soft material, light and comfortable
- ✪Material: 95%Polyester+5%Spandex
- Material: Chiffon. Comfortable and breathable to wear
- NOTICE - Due to different production batches, printing may be red and have color difference. Please understand.
Rose Gold Sequin Two-Piece Dress
With a feather trim and copper stripes, this unique two piece really, really works.
- Design:Sparkly,Halter,Sleeveless,Backless,Spaghetti Strap,Lace Up Tie,Cutout Back Criss Cross Bandage,Cute Mini Dress,Solid Color,Sexy Crop Bra and Midi Skirt,Slim Fit Abvoe Knee Dress,Crop Top and Pencil Skirt Two Piece Sets
- V Neck Split Bridesmaid Dresses Long Side Slit Two Pieces Bridesmaids Dress
- Tulle Skirt and sequin long bridesmaid dress prom dress
- 3/4 sleeve jacket
- Handmade item by sewing on rhinestones and artificial pearls.
Lavender Mermaid Two-Piece Prom Dress
The fancy mermaid skirt flows gently down to the floor. It is the quintessence of style.
- Please check our Size Chart on the left and choose the suitable size before you order.
- Polyester/Spandex,Fabric is Elasticity,Stretchy,Comfortable
- Fully lined, no built-in bras, low stretch
Two-Piece Floral and Lace Gown
In lieu of a corsage, this is a great choice. The dainty lace adds the final touch.
- This sexy cocktail dresses featuring Solid Color,Off the Shoulder,Backless and a sweetheart lining and a high-low taffeta skirt.
- Material: Lace, Polyester, Spandex
Iridescent Sequin Crop Top Dress
The after-party was made for you in this glitzy two-piece mini dress.
- Material: Sequin, 100% Polyester.
- Spaghetti Strap, Sexy Club Short Dress, Lining Inside
- Material:Sequins ,comfotable to wear,The product size is too small, it is recommended to choose a larger size when buying
Embroidered Feather Set
This two piece is a dream with intricate, ornate embroidery, feathers, and a sexy off-the-shoulder neckline.
- Size: Please Refer to the measurements in the product descriptions or to Size Chart on the picture column.Do not use Amazon size chart .
- This evening dress is not padded, but with lining.
- Fully lined, not padded, no stretch
Puff Sleeve Two-Piece Mini Dress
Retro is hot this year and next, so grab a puff sleeve crop top and matching bubble skirt. For a more modern feel and look, pair it with a simple pair of strappy heels.
- Size:S=USA 4-6;M=8-10,L=12-14
- Shell: 99% polyamide/1% elastane
- Feature: ruched,adjustable tops and skirt,high waist,bodycon,mini sexy 2 piece outfit
Beaded Crimson Crop Top Gown
This gorgeous gown by Sherri Hill comes in a sexy crimson hue and sizzling crop top design.
- Crimson clover is an annual grown for cover crops, soil erosion control, silage, forage, wildlife food plots, and many other uses.
- Made of high-quality lace and modal, it's smooth, stretchy and lightweight very comfortable to wear for night
- Beautiful Crimson flowers, rapid establishment, easy to grow.
Floral Embroidered Two-Piece Dress
The vibrant floral appliqué gives this classic black two-piece a splash of color. The floral embroidery is in fuchsia, which is set to be one of the hottest colors next spring alongside millennial purple.
- Trendy romper and maxi dress style in one
- Material: 85% Polyester + 15% Cotton. 100% brand new and high quality!
Hot Pink Satin Crop Top and Skirt
The pink satin dress is based on Kylie Jenner’s 21st birthday outfit.
- Material of self tie blouse shirt: 95% polyester, 9% spandex, Fabric skin-friendly.
- Runs Small, One Size Up Recommended
- Fabric has no elasticity
Burgundy Lace Prom Set
In stark contrast to the above choice, this classic, tasteful, and understated piece by Faviana Curves features flirty lace in an elegant shade of marsala.
- Features:A-Line ,Knee Length Style;Sleeveless;Cowl Neckline;Lace Appliques.
- NOTE: Size Table means age range for girls. They are for general guidance only. For most accurate fit, we recommend checking detailed measurements before purchasing. If unsure, we recommend sizing up.
- Good quality lace, soft, stretch, light weight and skin-friendly.
Silver One-Shoulder Crop Top and Skirt
One-shoulder necklines are sizzling hot and elongate the silhouette.
Two Piece Pantsuit
Be absolutely unique in a two-piece pantsuit if you’re not into dresses. The piece is elegant and sleek in magenta and other colors.
- Grid plaid set with a shawl collar blazer, a elastic waist pant with two pockets.
- Fabric: 95% Polyester, 5% Spandex. Fabric has some stretch. Lightweight and breathable.
Short and Long Two Piece Formal Evening Gowns
Two piece gowns in complementary colors or patterns create a fabulous and super chic look. Two piece dresses and gowns are getting more and more popular because of how comfortable they are and because they represent a break with tradition.
They are a great way to throw your personal flair and stand out at prom. Black and white patterns and hues of red are going to be huge in 2020.
A-line styles and bodycon cuts never go out of style. You can opt for a club dress in silver or gold or a short sheath party dress in solid colors like emerald green or dark blue.
Two pieces in off white and ivory are uniquely beautiful and astonishing. Opt for mini, midi, or maxi – the choice is yours. This is the perfect wear for prom-goers who want to look different.
Best Halter Top Two Piece Prom Dress
Ah, the halter. Racy, creative, and unique – what more could you want? This eye-catching attire will give you a chance to channel your inner diva when you arrive in a two-piece halter top prom dress.
Two-piece halter top dresses are a perfect way for you to explore an endless amount of style combinations. Normally, fitted bodices are paired with gorgeous silhouettes to flatter any figure, making it easy to choose your preferred silhouette.
Two-piece gowns can feature many different details such as rhinestone embellishments or unique hemming along the bodice.
Adding to the allure of the halter design are statement-making details such as eccentric print patterns and dazzling beadwork, sequins, or crystals.
Designs within the two-piece style can either showcase a bold contrasting pattern or run elegantly throughout.
The versatility of two-piece prom dresses makes it easy for you to create a unique look in many ways. Another advantage is being able to wear the dress as two separate outfit pieces – the top and the skirt or pants (if you opt for a pantsuit over a dress) – long after the prom is over.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our last section contains frequently asked questions about two-piece dresses and the prom in general.
When should you start shopping for prom?
If your prom is in the summer, you’ll want to start making plans and thinking about dresses up to 6 months in advance. Do online research before shopping at physical venues.
What are good prom dress websites?
According to user ratings, some good online stores include The Dress Warehouse, New York Dress, Charlotte Russe, Dillard’s, Faviana, Fame and Partners, and Sherri Hill.
What color should my prom dress be?
If your complexion is olive, avoid brown, yellow, and black because they’ll blend in with the skin and the look will not be appealing.
Instead, opt for a dress in off white, champagne, ivory, red, and gold. Women with pale skin will find bold colors like light blue, pink, yellow, purple, and metallic colors flattering.
White looks good on dark skin. The color should be chosen based not only on skin tone, but also eye and hair color. Red hair and a red dress are a classic combo.
What are the best prom dress brands?
There are a lot of great prom dress designers. For two piece dresses specifically, we recommend Sherri Hill, Faviana, Jovani, Terani, Blush, Zoey Grey, Madison James, Andrea and Leo, Crystalline, and Cameron Blake.
Should I pick a Two-piece Dress?
Consider your body type. Is it pear-shaped, apple-shaped, petite, athletic, hourglass, or curvy?
Two-piece dresses look best on petite, athletic, and hourglass-shaped girls. Pear-shaped body types are those, where most of the weight is at the hips.
A two-piece is recommended to these girls too because the cute midriff cut will draw attention away from the hips.
However, apple-shaped body types shouldn’t choose this style because it draws attention to the abdomen, where most of the weight is concentrated. Of course, if you like the style, this shouldn’t stop you.
How do I pick the Right Prom dress?
Start by setting a budget and sticking to it. Then, consider your body type as per the explanation above. When you start shopping, check out online marketplaces first.
Shop early because the dress will probably need adjusting.
What is a Reasonable Price for Prom?
According to a 2015 survey from Visa, American families were spending an average of about $919 on their prom-goers(source). That was down only slightly from $978 in 2014; it peaked in 2013 with the average cost of prom being $1,139.
How much do Two-piece dresses cost?
On average, a designer two piece prom dress will set you back by $300 to $500.
Is prom Worth The Money?
Prom can be an expensive event for the average family. Dresses range from $100 to up to $400. Then, there is the money you spend on getting your makeup, hair, and nails done.
Is it weird to wear a short two-piece dress to prom?
It’s not weird, but check the school’s dress code. Make sure you feel comfortable in it because it’s quite revealing – your midriff, your legs, and probably your back will show.
It will attract attention so you need to be OK with that.
Can you wear a white two-piece prom dress?
Of course, you can wear any color you want. White isn’t reserved for brides and bridesmaids. Consider what you will wear under and over the dress.
Combine your unique skin tone with the right shade of white to look your best. You May want to choose a modest prom dress.