The best resorts in san Diego for couples offer amazing views. San Diego offers a mix of luxury as well as inexpensive beachfront resorts leaving various open options to explore.
Some of the best resorts in the whole of California can be found in “America’s Finest City.”
With a jaw-dropping coastline and various coastal canyons providing a fantastic backdrop, this doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone.
The fantastic thing is that there is something for everyone, romantic getaways, a break from the normal, San Diego beckons.
This article takes you on a ride to discovering the best resorts in San Diego for your next vacation.
Best Resorts In San Diego For Couples
This is perhaps the most prominent luxury resort in the whole of San Diego. Sited on 400 acres, Fairmont Grand Del Mar is only a 20-minute distance from downtown San Diego.
This sprawling luxury in Del Mar is only about five miles from the ocean and boasts of a championship golf course.
All suites and guest rooms come with their private terraces or balconies alongside soaking tubs and marble bathrooms.
Apart from all of these, here are several unusual features the Fairmont Grand Del Mar boasts of:
- A large fitness centre with various wellness programs
- Four different swimming pools
- A highly standard spa
- Six different dining options ranging from casual to gourmet
Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa can be found just overlooking Mission Bay. It is one of the few prime bay-front properties with a fantastic view that you would find in San Diego.
Also, it is located very close to the airport and attractions present downtown.
The general resort environment is a very relaxed one thanks to the towering palm trees and luxuriant tropical landscape.
The rooms boast of quiet elegance and come with private balconies as well as superb furniture.
Here are several other amazing features the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa boasts of:
- Volleyball courts and fire pits
- Full-service spa and waterfront dining
- Bayfront pool and private poolside cabana rentals
- A marketplace and boutique for shopping needs
This resort is the perfect resort for adventuring individuals/ couples. Located only two miles from SeaWorld, Paradise Point Resort and Spa boasts of a mile wide, flat beach.
It is sited on a 44-acre island and comprises up to 500 single-story, individual bungalow units.
A total of 72 suites with each suite and premium room having a lagoon view does sound like a great deal. Also, some of the rooms have their fireplaces and or whirlpool tubs.
Here’s a summarized view of the other amazing features:
- Up to five different swimming pools and a miniature spa
- An 18-hole golf course
- Full marina with watersports gear and boat rentals
- Beachside seafood restaurant, pizzeria and an outdoor grill
- 24-hour food delivery service
This resort boasts of about 600 rooms, suites and villas – all stylish and with fantastic decor.
Located in Carlsbad, Omni La Costa Resort and Spa is very large and as such, has a great many features.
Although some accommodations are pretty distant from the lobby, they all have private patios or balconies and marble bathrooms.
It is also home to Deepak Chopra’s wellness and meditation facility – The Chopra Center. Therefore, resort guests get meditation classes free of charge.
Here are other beautiful features this resort offers:
- Up to 8 different swimming pools
- Two championship golf courses and 17 tennis courts
- A large and full-service spa
- Indoor/outdoor cafe and marketplace
- A steakhouse and multiple cafés
Sited on 45 acres of lush greenery and olive groves, this Mediterranean-inspired all-suite resort is a dream vacation location.
Standing in Rancho Santa Fe, which is only about 35 minutes north of downtown San Diego, this resort drips luxury.
All 49 suites are designed like mini-mansions – individual guest casitas with a private fireplace and patio.
The olive groves which can be found on the grounds as well release a utopic feeling in the atmosphere around.
Other complimentary features include:
- A large tennis facility
- A golf course just beside the resort
- Miles of hiking trails
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Yoga classes and bicycles
This resort is notable for its marina front. It is located on Mission Bay and is only a 15-minute distance from the San Diego Airport.
The rooms and suites all come with amazing views of either the ocean or the marina. A private balcony to drink in the sights and relax also attached to each room and suite.
With the beach located within walking distance of the resort, you could visit anytime you want.
And activities such as bike riding and walking are a lot more relaxing and enjoyable on the beach too.
Here are a number of this resort’s main features:
- A full-service spa and large fitness centre with ocean views
- A poolside outdoor restaurant and a seafood restaurant at the top level
- Boat and watercraft rentals at the marina
- Whale-watching excursions and sport fishing (on demand)
Marriott Coronado Island Resort & Spa overlooks the San Diego Bay – a testament to its amazing views. This upscale resort which is only 5 minutes from downtown San Diego draws quite a crowd.
It is much appreciated for its stunning views and welcomes quite a significant number of vacationing couples. It is a lot quieter than other Coronado resorts and I daresay a lot more fun too.
The rooms and villas all come with their private balconies alongside great furniture. The beach is very relaxing and is great for taking walks or biking.
Here are some other great features this resort offers:
- An on-site restaurant that serves fresh seafood
- In-house spa with up to three heated pools
- Bike rentals
- Shops and Dining located at Ferry’s Landing which is pretty close
- Large fitness center with top of the line equipment
- Cafe with Starbucks coffee, plus 24-hour room service
San Diego is home to a very significant number of resorts. However, with any of the resorts mentioned in this article, you cannot go wrong.
So, what are you waiting for? Pick your favorite and begin the most exciting vacation experience you have ever had.