Admittedly, we live in times when modesty isn’t trendy. Despite that, we compiled a list of the 10 most modest prom dresses to wear for your prom.
Lost of girls want to turn heads at the prom in a sizzling sequined number with a thigh-high slit and a halter neckline.
If you’re not like most girls, this post is for you – a young woman who will not compromise her standards for appearance.
Below is a list of the best modest prom dress designers.
|Name||Best feature||Consumer rating|
|Modest by Design of Midvale||Best prices||5/5|
|DressAfford||Most Beautiful Dresses||5/5|
|Beautylin||Best “Demure Couture” Designer||4.5/5|
|Landa||Most Versatile Designer||4.5/5|
Best Selling Modest Prom Dresses
- ♥ DRESS DETAIL: Fully lined, Built-in bra, the long dress features a classically Women's Cap Sleeve Mother of The Bride Dress High Low length skirt, we provide 30+ popular colors for your choice now, and we will always update the colors to meet your needs. We strive to help you to be more elegant, charming and confident for any special moments
- ♥ SIZE ATTENTION: Please check the size detail before you placed the order,our size is smaller than usual clothing size. When choosing a size, please refer to our size chart. It is in the image on the left image
- ♥ SHIPPING: this dress will be shipped out in 5 business days,and two shipping ways:1,expedited shipping will take about 3-5 days to arrive. 2,standard shipping will need about 10-15 days.
- ♥ Dress for mother of the bride , Mother of groom dress for wedding , Mother of the bride long dress , Mother of the bride dresses with sleeves , Mother of the bride dress plus size , Formal gowns and evening dresses high Low length , Prom dress for women ,Bridesmaid dress, Long evening dress lace appliques If you have any question,please contact us freely.
- ♥ Occasion: Perfect for Bridesmaid Dresses,Wedding Party Gown,Western Wedding Guest Dresses,Evening Dress, Party Dress,Formal Gown,Other Special Occasion
- Tips: There are 5cm you can modify when dress is small for you. JAEDEN measurements for detailed sizing information on left. Available in full size range (Size 2- Size 28) and in custom sizing
- This handmade dress will give you a big surprise when you wear it
- Material: High Quality Soft, Smooth, Comfortable Chiffon Fabric, Lace Appliques with Beading and Sequin
- Design: See Through Upper and Keyhold Back
- Occasion: Prom, Formal Evening, Quinceanera, Graduation, Homecoming, Wedding Party, Military Ball
- SIZE RECOMMEND: US 4/6(Small), US 8/10(Medium), US 12/14(Large), US 16(X-Large), US 18(XX-Large)
- Suit for Bridesmaid Wearing, Evening Party, Prom Or Wedding
- Vintage Half High Collar Design, Cap Sleeve
- Lace Contrast Chiffon Style, Zipper On The Back,Long Dress
- Please Put Into A Laundry Bag For Wash It With Low temperature and iron carefully in low temperature too.
- 💓 FLATTERING RUFFLE SLEEVELESS : The sexy flutter ruffles add some pizzazz and not tight around your arms. Plus there is extra fabric that covers the space between your arm and the ruffle, this makes the dress very classy.
- 💓 HUGS YOUR CURVES FITS PERFECTLY : This women's swing a-line party casual dress very cute well cut and hugs your curves perfectly. It's flowing very pretty and accentuates your figure.This women's fit and flare summer dresses have a elegant feminine look!
- 💓 CLASSY AND VINTAGE DRESSES UP : This is elegant a-line work party wedding guest dress. Retro women's round neck a-line dress cut perfect match with a hats, heels/wedges/flip flops, nice earrings necklace, jewelry, make you more feminine.
- 💓 FIT LIKE A GLOVE : The women's party cocktail business dresses very flattering fit — true to size. Length is knee-length. It is the perfect length to wear out. Invisible zipper closure on the back to protect your skin better.
- 💓 FOR ANY OCCASIONS : Classy women's vintage fit and flare cocktail dresses that could be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Such as wear casual, business work, partys, church, beach wedding, wedding guest, prom, cocktail, holiday, honeymoon, cruise, birthdays, dinner, summer evenings, teaching clothes, choir performance, play, mother's day gift, daily life or special occasions.
- This evening dress is not padded, but with lining.
- Unique gold lace embroidery decorated at bodice, elegant and feminine.
- Features: illusion neckline, mesh at top, embroidery decorated, floor-length mermaid dress.
- Occasions: formal party, evening party, bachelorette party, cocktail party, gala, performance, wedding party.etc.
- Ever-Pretty gives you stylish and affordable dresses with unique design. You deservie this beautiful mermaid dress for almost all formal or semi-formal occasions, remember not only wear it for once!
Best Prices: Modest by Design of Midvale
Modest By Design of Midvale has a very innovative approach.
The company came to be when the founders asked girls to design their dream dress at their website, modestbydesign.com.
Whoever drew the best one would have her dream dress made by the company’s designers for free.
The tens of entries they got convinced them that girls nationwide were seeking less revealing evening wear.
According to them, what’s coming out for prom seasons lately are half-dresses.
Companies are making what they believe will be purchased.
Some dresses are altered to lower hems or make necklines higher, or by adding thicker straps or cap sleeves.
They take zippers out in order to raise the back of the dress. Sometimes the neckline has to be raised after resetting the sleeves.
Other times, a section of fabric can be sewn across a neckline. And all this at affordable prices.
Most Beautiful Dresses: DressAfford
DressAfford creates very beautiful, high-quality special occasion dresses that are not revealing.
Fashion designers, customer service representatives.
And experienced seamstresses combine their knowledge in research and sourcing with cutting-edge technology.
Skilled craftsmanship, and creative processes to provide girls with beautiful prom dresses with elements of current trends.
DressAfford realizes how important a purchase the prom dress is and how challenging it can be to find a dress that fits.
Flatters the figure, and captures one’s unique personality and style.
They have carried out an extensive data study of body measurements and looked at different dress designs, styles, and colors to ensure the perfect fit and look.
The designer offers dresses in all sizes from 2 to 26W. The user-friendly website has been created to ensure a fast, easy shopping experience.
Best “Demure Couture” Designer: Beautylin
We became aware of a relatively new modest formal dress fashion house, Beautylin.
And the designer and owner Linda Skinner (hence the name: beauty – linda, lin).
Beautylin makes modest floor-length and knee-length prom dresses and gowns.
But also dresses for other occasions and for older women.
The house’s appealing designs elevate modest party dresses to haute couture to highlight physical and inner beauty.
The designer calls the company “demure couture.”
Most Versatile Designer: Landa
Landa offers gorgeous silhouettes of all shapes and sizes with one thing in common: modesty.
They have a vast collection of formal prom dresses and gowns.
There are styles in silk, chiffon, and some sequined embellishments.
There are also fun tulle skirts, sleek formal gowns with sleeves and high necklines, and gowns with special prints or trims.
Some of the dresses have rhinestones and crystals.
On a final note, there are two more great sources of modest dresses: fashion house Venus and retailer A Formal Choice.
Modest Prom Dress Patterns
If you want to save money and wear a modest prom dress, you’re in luck.
Websites like ModestProm.com offer instructions on how to sew a modest prom dress.
You can buy vintage patterns online or at a local sewing store.
At anrdoezrs.net, you’ll find Pattern Maker Software that gives you suggestions and lets you customize the pattern and fit.
You choose the fabric regardless of whether you’re making your own dress or have decided to hire a seamstress.
There are even instructions on how to sew a dress, including drafts of templates for sizes extra small to large.
Sewing A Modest Prom Dress
There are printable handouts of some dresses available.
Using these, you can also remake revealing dresses, for example a sister’s old prom dress, into a more modest one.
For example, you can turn a strapless dress into one that covers your shoulders and back.
This is called the “shoulder shrug.”
This approach works for dresses that are too low on the back, without sleeves, but are high enough in the front.
You can also tackle a not-so-modest prom dress by adding a shoulder 3/4 Sleeve Shrug.
Buying a nice lycra long sleeve shirt to wear under the sleeveless dress, or wearing a shawl.
Think about making your dress from silk or satin and accenting it with lace, chiffon, or organza.
You will feel like a princess and nobody will know you made it yourself.
Cheap Modest Prom Dresses
For some really low-cost modest prom dresses, Amazon and eBay are the way to go. You can also try retailers like The Dress Warehouse, which offer huge markdowns on designer dresses due to overstocking or deals with the designers.
Alternatively, you could look for black Friday deals on your favorite dress and simply keep it for your special date.
Buyers’ Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Or Making A Prom Dress
Before you know it, it’ll be time for prom again. It’s best to start looking for a dress around five months in advance.
This is especially true if you plan on buying it online, because you need to take shipping and potentially things like resizing and adjustments into account.
However, choosing the perfect dress isn’t easy. You need to know what kind of dresses you like.
Keep in mind prom is more formal than homecoming, so you’ll need something more official looking, preferably long and not knee-length or tee-length.
The good news is that long prom dresses come in all shapes, sizes, and styles.
Know your options before you pick out one for yourself. The same dress can look very different when worn by different people.
If you shop at an outlet or a department store, try on different dresses to see what works best.
The type of dress type is a key factor of your personal style.
Do you prefer a sweetheart or a high neck?
Sleeves or straps? Do you want a dress with a mermaid train? An A-line or a ball gown? Or a fit and flare?
Ask these question and your options will slowly start to shrink. It’s easy to pick a dress with a smaller number of options.
It’s the same if you want to make your own dress.
Most modest prom dress styles will come in simple, solid colors. As “modest” refers to the style and not as much to color.
You can opt for a bold one like red or a pattern. You can choose a warm or cool color, or black or white.
You can augment the dress with beadwork, dainty rhinestones, lace, or even get a striped dress.
There are dresses with tasteful floral embroidery. The choices are endless. As with type and color, knowing what patterns you like will help limit your choice.
Modest dresses work well with jewelry. Any kind will do, it depends on your preference.
People looking for modest styles aren’t likely to wear flashy jewelry, so just pair the dress with your favorite necklace or earrings.
Personal preference is most important when shopping for your prom dress.
Look for the elements that you like until you are left with nothing but the best.
Your Body Type
Your body type matters even if you choose a modest prom dress.
Of course, you can wear any dress you’d like without taking this factor into account.
But some will be more flattering than others.
There are a few main body types: athletic build, apple-shaped (weight mostly in the tummy).
Pear-shaped (carrying weight in your hips), and hourglass, where the waist is the smallest point of the body.
You might want to pick a modest prom dress depending on your eye color, skin tone, or hair color. Why should you?
You’ll have a dress that compliments your features and is easy on the eyes. When choosing a prom dress, consider your undertones. Are you warm or cool?
This is not a personality question.
What Are Your Undertones?
If the veins on your wrist look green or olive, your undertones are warm. Blue or purple, you have cool undertones.
Bluish-green (in between) means your undertone is neutral.
If you have a warm tone, you’d look best in pink, red, or yellow.
Cool toned skin works best with more subdued colors like green, blue, and royal purple.
We will close out with a section on the most frequently asked questions about modest prom dresses and all things related. Check for the answer to yours.
Where Do I Buy A Modest Prom Dress?
You can look at your local department store.
If cost is a factor, check the clearance racks.
Also, there might be some nice clothes left over from homecoming.
It’s best to buy a prom dress out of season if you are cost-conscious.
You can also check out online retailers or your favorite designers’ outlets.
You could make your own or get a friend who’s handy with a sewing machine to make one.
Where Can I Find A Modest Prom Dress With Sleeves?
Online retailers like The Dress Warehouse have checkboxes to filter your search.
Just check “sleeves” and “prom dresses” and you’ll get the matches you’re looking for. Check Google for modest prom dresses near you. After you picked the perfect, remember to read our article about how much to tip your prom valet