In this buyer’s guide we will review the most durable earbuds with good bass.
Science has proven time and again that listening to music improves our overall output.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re an athlete training, or a student reading for your finals.
Enhance Your Listening Experience
Just like Popeye’s daily dose of spinach, music can be all you need to get you going.
Ideally, listening to music in itself is an art. And with all things artistic.
It’s essential to have the right tools in place to sample art in all its splendor.
Earbuds can be the perfect tool for this. Remember though, not all that glitters is gold.
There are widespread counterfeit items that no doubt steal the thunder in the aesthetics department, but fail in terms of functionality.
That’s why we’re here to set the record straight.
We will separate the wheat from the chaff by reviewing the top 7 durable earbuds with good bass to purchase on the market today.
We also have a detailed guide below that to assist you in purchasing the right earbuds that meet your needs.
But before that, here are the top picks from our list!
No doubt, the Shure SE215-K earbuds take the crown on our list.
Durable, compact, lightweight, they are powerful enough to produce quality sound with good bass.
Engineered by Grammy award winner Luca Bignardi, the 1MORE Triple Driver earbuds are indeed some of the most high-end products in the market.
If you’ve got a few extra bucks to spare, then these are studio worthy earbuds to have in your arsenal!
Best Bang For Your Buck
If you’re strapped for cash and looking for some of the most durable earbuds under 50 dollars, then the Skullcandy Unisex Smoking Bud 2 is a must-have.
A simple design, coupled with sturdy features, ensures you have a reliable pair of earbuds for you to enjoy your music.
1. Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earbuds
Well, the Shure SE215-K certainly steals the show in this regard! These earbuds are lightweight and produce a crisp-clean potent sound.
All thanks to having some of the most efficient low ends in the market.
The inclusion of Sound Isolation Technology enhances this experience, preventing any outside noise from interfering with your music.
When it comes to comfort, the SE215 is no doubt one of the most ergonomic earbuds on the market.
Thanks to a low-profile design and the inclusion of an optimized nozzle, the earbuds fit seamlessly into your ear.
The earbuds are also constructed with high-quality materials that make it soft.
Flexible and lightweight enough to guarantee maximum comfort.
In terms of functionality, you’ll be pleased to find that the SE215 is crafted with a detachable Wireform Fit cable so that you can convert them to wireless Bluetooth earbuds.
Both features can make for a pleasurable hands-off experience that is quite liberating, to say the least!
- Input connector with 1/8” thickness gold plated
- Sensitivity- 107Db SPL/Mw
- Hi-DEF microDriver speaker (single)
- 64” Wireform Fit cable (Detachable)
Pros & Cons
- Both over-the-ear and in-ear configurations are possible.
- You can order up to four different color variations
- The SE215’s fit kit feature accommodates up to three different ear sizes
- While they have decent bass, they still have some noise limitation factors.
- It does not have the most durable construction as compared to other wireless earbuds in the market.
2. Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones
You’ll be pleased to find that these durable earbuds with mic are crafted with both weather and sweat-resistant materials.
This means you don’t have to worry about your earbuds getting damaged on a rainy day.
Thanks to its clean and precise construction, you’re guaranteed of high-quality music all-through.
Another outstanding quality of these particular earbuds is their crisp design.
They not only fit the bill in terms of resilience, simplicity, but practicality as well!
In fact, the product comes with a protective carrying case that resists breakage from any high impact falls.
- Can come in three adaptable sizes
- Lightweight design. Both earbuds have a combined weight of 0.6 ounces.
- Can be ordered either as ice-white or charcoal-black color variations
Pros & Cons
- Thanks to Stay Hear Tips’ futuristic design, the earbuds easily conform to the size and shape of your ears.
- A well-designed casing that compliments your dressing.
- Delivers high-quality, crisp and clear sound that ensures you get value for your money
- The volume control is not as sensitive to touch, and thus not as precise.
3. Skullcandy Unisex Smokin Bud 2 Iridium Headphones
The Skullcandy Unisex Smokin Bud 2 headphones are ‘sound’ in every sense of the word. For starters, they produce high-quality sound that is crisp and clear.
Moreover, they come with an incredibly dynamic 9mm driver that produces a wide range of audio sounds.
Which means you can accommodate several music tracks without losing the essence of the bass or loudness.
While most earbuds dare to dazzle with impressive designs, the Skullcandy Unisex Smoking Bud 2 stays simple.
Their selling point is durability, and your earbuds will remain in prime condition regardless of how active your lifestyle is.
And despite being some of the most durable earphones, the presence of gel tips ensures that comfort is not sacrificed for sturdiness.
- The earbuds have a combined weight of 0.2 ounces
- Dynamic sound driver 9mm
- A remote smartphone connection is available.
Pros & Cons
- Durable earbuds
- The presence of tactical rubber buds ensures the integrity and lifestyle of the audio housing is intact.
- The rubber of the earbuds has been designed with enhanced noise reduction capabilities to optimize noise cancellation.
- One of the most significant issues facing Skullcandy earphones is the internal damaging of wires.
4. 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Earphones
Indeed, these earbuds come with advanced audio technology that allows users to conveniently adjust different features of the earbuds such as the volume, song selection, and hands-free calling.
Moreover, the earbuds come with additional MEMS microphone accessories that eliminate issues of background static and cross-talk.
Another beneficial feature of the 1MORE Triple Driver is that it comes professionally calibrated by a sound expert.
We’re talking of the famous Luca Bignardi, whose services were accessed by 1MORE to improve the audio of their products.
As a result of his invaluable input, the earbuds give you the sensation of being in a Grammy-worthy studio!
- The earbuds have a cable length of 4 feet (1.25m)
- The frequency range of these earbuds are from 20-40,000 Hz
- Insulated copper wire ring
Pros & Cons
- Provides users with seamless access to volume control, song selection, and taking of calls.
- The earbuds come with triple ear foam tip sets, and six silicone ear tips set to provide consumers with as much comfort as possible.
- Professionally tuned by sound engineer and Grammy award winner Luca Bignardi.
- The foam tips are not the highest of quality or the most durable in the market.
- The buttons of the earbuds have no indications or markings, making it difficult for users to know what they are meant to do.
5. RHA MA750 Noise Isolating Earbuds
Which is professionally handmade to attain the highest volumes without a hassle.
Moreover, to ensure that the earbuds remain sturdy from the massive sound and bass power delivered, the device is housed from high-density, machined, 303F stainless steel.
To minimize external sound interference, the product comes with high-quality ear tips possessing dual density.
You get up to six sets of these to ensure maximum comfort is achieved over a long period.
- Model 560.1 dynamic driver
- The body and housing are crafted from 303F grade stainless steel
- It has a copper cable (oxygen-free 1.35mm) that comes together with shielding.
- Aerophonic construction.
- Both earbuds have a total weight of 1.3 ounces.
Pros & Cons
- The outer casing of the silicon tips is constructed with a firm core to ensure durability, while the inside has a soft layer for enhanced comfort.
- It comes with oxygen-free copper cores to produce high-end audio.
- Despite the product coming with numerous ear tips, they are not the most comfortable in the market.
That said, they are considered one heck of a buy under 100 dollars.
Audiophile Earbuds are also calibrated to produce quality sound regardless of the kind of product, brand or cell-phone used.
The result is always a pleasant, smooth, and high-quality sound.
- Earbuds have a combined weight of 0.3 ounces
- The audio output for these particular earphones are 118 decibels
- The frequency range is from 5Hz to 31,000 Hz
- The impedance of the earbuds is 16Ohm
Pros & Cons
- The earbuds come with a lossless copper cable that provides an ongoing stream of high-quality audio.
- The ear tips have an abnormally large diameter for most ears.
- Because of having a fragile and thin cable, the product can easily be damaged or broken.
7. Brainwavz M2
For one, they are housed in an aluminum casing to ensure the earbuds remain secure and protected.
In terms of comfort, the earbuds have a lightweight design and are small enough to fit seamlessly in most people’s ears.
Just don’t make the mistake of sleeping on them.
- L-shaped 3.5 mm plugin
- Ear tips come as single-flange, with aluminum construction.
- Premium Comply foam tips
Pros & Cons
- Incredible sound quality with decent bass
- An ergonomic build makes the earphones quite comfortable.
- It comes with an aluminum housing having thick cables too.
- The marking of the earbuds are not that easy to see, hence using the earphones can be difficult.
Durable Earbuds Consumer Guide
What Features Of Earbuds Should I Pay Attention To The Most?
Depending on your preference, you can choose to have either L-shaped or straight connectors.
Although they both have excellent function and design, you can choose whichever makes you feel more comfortable.
The Type Of Cable
Aspects of cabling you should consider are the length and the shielding. Moreover, the cable should be strong enough not to break easily.
Ear Hooks And Tips
When used together with earbuds, ear hooks and tips can provide the perfect grip and comfort while listening to music.
Waterproof Materials And Construction
Some of the best earbuds in the market are constructed with waterproof properties, making them durable even in wet environments.
Additionally, waterproof earbuds are essential for use, especially for sports enthusiasts, because they are impervious to sweat and water.
Canal Tips, Earcups, And Ear Pads
For maximum comfort with your earbuds, it’s essential to have memory foam pads, ear cups, and canal tips that enhance comfortability.
Depending on your preference, there are two primary earbud connections. These are wireless and corded. Some brands allow you to choose between both.
Why Should I purchase Earbuds Over Other Sound Devices?
Lightweight Design And Compact
No doubt, durable earbuds with lightning connectors come in a reduced size from the traditional headphones and earphones, making them more portable and practical.
Great Noise Cancellation
Because your earbuds are fitted into your ear cavities, they provide excellent noise cancellation to eliminate unwanted sound and enhance the listening experience.
A simple design ensures the earbuds are not interfered with by external objects such as glasses, hats, or even hair.
This increases the longevity of the earbuds.
FAQS On Earbuds
What Earbuds Have The Best Bass?
The 1MORE Triple driver is undoubtedly a force to reckon with in the bass department.
Thanks to the input of Grammy award winner, these earbuds recreate the feel of being in an actual studio.
Which SkullCandy Earbuds Have The Best Bass?
We preferred the SkullCandy Unisex Smoking Bud 2 compared to other Skullcandy products.
SkullCandy is not known for producing earbuds with the most powerful bass, but the Smoking Bud has a decent output out of the rest.
Why Do My Earbuds Keep Breaking?
It’s essential to take good care of your earbuds. One of the reasons why they might be breaking is because the internal cord keeps on being pulled.
This continuous strain eventually leads to earbuds breaking.
Turning up the volume too high over a long period can also cause the earbuds to break.
How Long Should Earbuds Last?
Most earbuds last a period of 3 to 6 months before they begin to show signs of wear and tear or internal wire damage.
Are Headphones More Durable Than Earbuds?
In terms of durability, headphones tend to last longer.
Unfortunately, they do not offer much in the flexibility department as you’ll find it challenging to use them in the gym, while running, or even while walking.
How Do You Make Earbuds Last Longer?
Make sure to clean the earbuds regularly. Moreover, once you’re done listening to music, you can store the earbuds in a case to maintain their durability.
How Long Do Apple Earbuds Usually Last?
Apple’s earbuds, or commonly known as Earpods, have about 4 to 5 hours of battery life.
Why Do My Earbuds Stop Working So Quickly?
Internal wire damage from pulling the cord, or from poor handling can cause the earbuds to stop working immediately.
Do Wireless Earbuds Last Longer?
Yes, most durable wireless earbuds tend to last longer because internal cord damage rarely takes place. Wireless earbuds rely on Bluetooth connection.
All in all, you should take your time to review all the earbuds, including the most durable Bluetooth headphones, before making a purchasing decision.
There’s no need to rush and meet a product that doesn’t meet your needs. Find more cool gadgets.