Write For LD
If you’d like your WRITING and or ART featured on Lifestyle Dezine, please follow the guidelines below. Lifestyle Dezine is a limitless community of people striving to live consciously. The work we feature is extracted from truth—moments which inspire, motivate, and remind us of the important elements that make life extraordinary. If you’ve been following our blog’s featured articles, Inspirational Dezines, or felt drawn towards our uplifting conversations on facebook, you may be interested in contributing.Your work will reach people, will change lives, touch the hearts of many new friends from around the world.
We welcome and love new contributions from our growing community. Here’s what you need to know:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250-800 words. Please stay under 800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to Lifestyle Dezine. We do not accept posts that have already been published elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions that are not in line with our philosophy: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss gimmick), then we are not interested.
- Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. MindBodyGreen is a great resource to promote what you’re doing and some of our contributors have leveraged their posts into book deals and other awesome wellness-focused gigs and careers.
- By submitting to Lifestyle Dezine you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the Lifestyle Dezine editorial team.
The following is a general guideline for what we’re looking for:
- Document Format – Word doc ending in .doc, .docx, or .odt, Rich text documents ending .rtf and PDF files ending .pdf
We will not accept links to blogs or submissions embedded in email.
- Formatting Details
- Font size: 12px
- Font Type: Cambria (or Arial if Cambria is not available)
- Font Color: Black
- Line Spacing: single
- Paragraph Spacing: After: 1 line (or 12pt)
- Additional Attachments – include the following within your submission. The following will only be used in the event your submission is accepted to be featured.
- Name & Link – The name you want displayed at the start of the article. If you have a website, include the url you want your name to link to. For example, “By Eric Vasallo”.
- Bio – One paragraph about you–the author/artist. The paragraph can contain up to 3 links. The bio will be placed at article/pictures end.
- Photos – Include several photos of yourself smiling into the camera (if possible). We need 2-3 or more photos to select the one that will work best for design reasons. This is optional, we don’t have to display a photo (but we highly recommend it). Please don’t use photos of you wearing sunglasses. Do not edit the photo.
- File Name – Name your file with the following naming format: [First Name] – [Start of Title].doc
- Example: “Chris – How to Live Beautifully.doc”
- Example, “Brendan – How to Wake Up Early.odt”
- Submitted work must not have been previously published elsewhere online (in print or via email newsletter is okay).
- Your writing may be edited for clarity.
- One of our editors will review your submission. It can take up to 8 weeks to receive a response from us. We read everything, and will respond with a yes or no as soon as we can.
- Not all submissions will be featured. Please don’t take it personally or feel offended if your writing is not featured.
- By submitting, you are giving us the permission to edit and publish your writing on Lifestyle Dezine.
Thank you for taking the time to share your wisdom with us. From all the readers, I thank you in advanced for your courage and generosity in sharing a piece of yourself with us, so that we can all grow and learn.
Peace and Blessings