1. Create an event on your calendar with specific times for your meditation. I recommend 2-3 times per week to begin. Saying you’ll do it everyday if that’s not where you’re at would be tough. The goal is continuation, whether at home, a studio, in your car, or outside even for just 5 minutes a day.
2. Experiment. Beginners should be experimental. Try different types of meditation, mindfulness, mantra, Qigong, tapping, breathwork, sound baths, sitting, lying, breath etc. Exploring the different modalities keeps it interesting and you will likely vibe more with one than the other. I’m a breath and mindful breathing guy myself.
3. Make the time. If Kobe, Oprah, Arianna and Bill Gates can make the time, you probably can to. It’s true, might seem hard, but worth the 5, 10, 20, 30 minutes. Just a little less Netflix.
4. Practice will never make perfect but will always lead to discovery.
5. Be consistent – you will feel wonderful!
If you find joy and value in what I do and share, please consider supporting with a recurring or one time donation of your choosing, between a cup of coffee and some Trader Joe's snacks. Donate here.