11 Steps You Can Take Today To Be Happy Forever
If you want to be a person who attracts happiness, joy, success, abundance, health, creativity, the key is to become a person of quality yourself. Happiness is the ability to attract like energy, like minds, like spirits to the gifts, skills and light you already possess. Happiness is the great challenge of life.
What’s important in happiness is refining your skills, your awareness, making it your own. All great people keep working on themselves until they become what they speak. Here’s how:
1. Being strong not rude. It is an extra step you must take to become a powerful owner of your happiness. In every moment you get to say ‘Yes” to yourself. Some people mistake rudeness for strength, but you know otherwise.
2. Learn to be kind but not weak. We must not mistake kindness for weakness. Kindness isn’t weak. Kindness is a certain type of strength. We must be kind enough to tell somebody the truth. This is what I need. This is what I want. We must be kind enough and considerate enough to lay it on the line. We must be kind enough to tell it like it is and not deal in delusion.
3. Learn to be Bold but not a bully. It takes boldness to win the day. To build your happiness, you’ve got to walk in front of the group. You’ve got to be willing to take the first arrow, tackle the first problem, discover the first sign of trouble.
4. You’ve got to learn to be humble but not timid. You can’t get to the high life by being timid. Some people mistake timidity for humility. Humility is almost a God-like word. A sense of awe. A sense of wonder. An awareness of the human soul and spirit. An understanding that there is something unique about the human drama versus the rest of life. Humility is a grasp of the distance between us and the stars, yet having the feeling that we’re part of the stars. So humility is a virtue, but timidity is a disease. Timidity is an affliction. It can be cured, but it is a problem.
5. Be proud but not arrogant. It takes pride to win the day. It takes pride to build your joy. It takes pride in community. Pride in self. It takes pride in a cause, in accomplishment. But the key to becoming a good and happy soul is being proud without being arrogant. In fact, I believe the worst kind of arrogance is arrogance from ignorance. It’s when you don’t know that you don’t know. Now that kind of arrogance is intolerable. If someone is smart and arrogant, we can tolerate that. But if someone is ignorant and arrogant, that’s just too much to take.
6. Develop humor without folly. That’s important for happiness. On the journey of self, as we uncover the truths of the world, we learn that it’s OK to be silly, OK to be witty, it’s OK to be fun, but not foolish.
7. Deal in realities. Deal in truth. Save yourself the agony. Just accept life like it is. Life is unique. Some people call it tragic, but I’d like to think it’s unique, joyous, filled with gifts and wonder. The whole drama of life is unique. It’s fascinating. And I’ve found that the skills that work well for one individual may not work at all for another. But the fundamental skills of happiness can be adapted to work well for just about everyone: at work, in the community, and at home.
8. Don’t give up. Focus on the outcome rather than the struggle. You will reap the rewards when you have the courage and stickability to see your vision through.
9. Stop procrastinating. Don’t allow self-doubt to stop you. The greatest achievers are those who seize opportunities when they present themselves. Have the confidence to take on an the happiness assignment that may seem overwhelming.
10. Stay true. Let your passion and commitment become stronger than your fears. Understand that it is your job as a being of light to stand out and take the lead, which sometimes means bucking the status quo.
11. Be a great leader. Leadership is not reserved for a special few. Leadership is learned, and involves facing challenges with composure and poise. Only then will you clearly see the solutions necessary to achieving your goals.
What else can you, would you add to the list?